The public can dispose of medications on Saturday, October 28 from 10 am – 2 pm at five Lee’s Summit locations. Sites include the Lee’s Summit Police Department, Jackson County Sheriff’s Office, both hospitals and Places Restaurant at John Knox Village. Saint Luke’s East and Lee’s Summit Medical Center will offer drive-through service so residents don’t have to leave their vehicle.
The event allows residents to safely and confidentially dispose of unwanted prescriptions, over-the-counter and animal medications to deter unintentional use and keep the water supply clean. Needles and inhalers will not be accepted. The service is free and anonymous.
Officers from the Jackson County Sheriff’s Office and Lee’s Summit Police Department will be on hand to accept medication at these Lee’s Summit locations:
- Jackson County Sheriff’s Office: 4001 NE Lakewood Court
- Lee’s Summit Police Department: 10 NE Tudor Road
- Lee’s Summit Medical Center ER Entrance: 2100 SE Blue Parkway
- Saint Luke’s East Diagnostic Center: 100 NE Saint Luke’s Blvd.
- Places Restaurant at John Knox Village: 1001 NW Chipman Rd
If residents can’t participate on October 28, they can drop off medications year-round at permanent medication drop boxes in the lobbies of the Police and Sheriff’s offices and in the Emergency Rooms of both Lee’s Summit hospitals.